World Cup 2018 World Cup 2018: Brazil vs Belgium

World Cup 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

pereblue

CM SEO Genius
Staff member
I'm sure this will be a great Match, now France to the Semis, it's time for Brazil and Belgium

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

My "Bet": Brazil 2 - Belgium 2. Overtime: 0-0, Penalties: Brazil 4 - Belgium -5

:D

Regrettably, I think France is gonna win. That Mbappe kid is awesome!

I think Brazil are croaking again, probably got shown the 7-1 from four years ago by their coach, because Rocky wasn't available :eek:

Neymar- average, Coutinho- one trick pony (cut inside, right, right, curler) and even Jesus is average. Yes, bloody Jesus :eek2:

Belgium are good but not great. Brazil lack impetus and are still crap at set-pieces!

So expect 3-1 final score.....

Brilliant job by Belgium. Hazard, De Bruyne, Felliani and Lukaku were fantastic.

But Meunier misses the semi final against France.

OK, my view - IF it turned out to be a Belgium-England final of course I'd like to see us win it, but wouldn't be bothered at all if Belgium did. They are the only team to win 5/5 so far and have played football to get there, not the draw. A team that turns up and beats any team put in front of them deserves success. Any team won it before with no penalties, i.e. 7 straight wins?

He was, and CB, but always bombed so far forward he was basically up front.

Being facetious to one of the last times when they were exciting to watch ;)
That was of the Romario (quality), Ronaldo (the real one), Ronaldinho, Rivaldo era I recall, roundabout 94-98.

You're right, that was Brazil. This lot tonight were, and in the whole tournament, average really. Neymar isn't fit to be Ronaldo's tea-boy :eek:

Same as Germany now compared to not only four years ago, but teams of the past. Watching Klinsmann doing punditry I'd much rather stick the shirt on him, bet he'd score a few too. Has to be better than Mario 'Ohmiss' and co :eek2:

OK, my view - IF it turned out to be a Belgium-England final of course I'd like to see us win it, but wouldn't be bothered at all if Belgium did. They are the only team to win 5/5 so far and have played football to get there, not the draw. A team that turns up and beats any team put in front of them deserves success. Any team won it before with no penalties, i.e. 7 straight wins?

I agree, apart from when they played England.

Both teams dropped 8 players and neither wanted to win.

We was just lucky that our 2nd string was more shite than there's.

Pretty sure no one has done 7 straight wins, but I know that Brazil in 1970 had 6 wins out of 6 with no pens or extra time.

Off the top of my head, I know that....

England drew their first match in '66.

West Germany lost to East Germany in the group stage in '74.

Argentina drew with Brazil 0-0 in the second group stage, hence they knew how much they needed to beat Peru by in their last match in order to reach the final.

Italy famously drew all of their group games in '82.

Argentina drew with Italy in the group stage in '86. I think that was the only match where they trailed at any stage.

West Germany...well we know what they did in '90. But they also drew with Colombia in the group stage.

Brazil won the final on pens in '94

France won with a golden goal in round of 16 against Paraguay and on pens in the QF in '98.

Brazil....oh..now then.....maybe they did win 7 out of 7 in '02?

Italy won the final on pens in '06.

Spain lost their opener against SwitzVARland in '10.

Not at all sure about Germany in '14, even though it's the most recent. :oops::laugh:

Last edited:
Pretty sure no one has done 7 straight wins, but I know that Brazil in 1970 had 6 wins out of 6 with no pens or extra time.

Off the top of my head, I know that....

England drew their first match in '66.

West Germany lost to East Germany in the group stage in '74.

Argentina drew with Brazil 0-0 in the second group stage, hence they knew how much they needed to beat Peru by in their last match in order to reach the final.

Italy famously drew all of their group games in '82.

Argentina drew with Italy in the group stage in '86. I think that was the only match where they trailed at any stage.

West Germany...well we know what they did in '90. But they also drew with Colombia in the group stage.

Brazil won the final on pens in '94

France won with a golden goal in round of 16 against Paraguay and on pens in the QF in '98.

Brazil....oh..now then.....maybe they did win 7 out of 7 in '02?

Italy won the final on pens in '06.

Spain lost their opener against SwitzVARland in '10.

Not at all sure about Germany in '14, even though it's the most recent. :oops::laugh:

Yes, in the pre-expansion era 1970 I would count 6/6 as the same as 7/7 in the modern era. I remember Argentina needing to beat Peru by 4 or 5 goals in 1978 and they won 6-1, the biggest rigged game ever. 1982 always leaves a bitter taste - England won 3/3 group games including smashing a very good France side. They then managed to draw (somehow) with both Spain and Germany in the second group of 3, both of whom had lost a group game to Northern Ireland and Algeria respectively. So we went home unbeaten having conceded only 1 or 2 goals.

This world cup has showed that egos no longer are the way to win the world cup, it seems that the more normal you are the further you will progress. Maybe Neymar, Ronaldo and co need to come off their lofty purchases and remember they are footballers not prima donnas. Harry Kane is the perfect example he is not a good looking prima donna he is a down to earth London boy who likes football.

This world cup has showed that egos no longer are the way to win the world cup, it seems that the more normal you are the further you will progress. Maybe Neymar, Ronaldo and co need to come off their lofty purchases and remember they are footballers not prima donnas. Harry Kane is the perfect example he is not a good looking prima donna he is a down to earth London boy who likes football.
There was a recent discussion about this amongst ex-players, and all agreed that the best players in the world all have to have an ego to excel, and be the best at what they do. It's just that some show it outwardly more than others.

Make no mistake, Harry Kane has an ego to believe in himself. Not to mention the number of years he was in footballing limbo and constantly loaned out to other clubs, surplus to requirements. He could so easily be left plying his trade with Barnet if he'd given up, talent alone isn't enough. No one begrudges his perseverance to get to where he is today, that's for sure :cool:

Ronaldo may be a twat but he is actually the consummate professional, despite his playboy demeanour, and gives his last breath for club and country.

Neymar's still a cheating bellend though :D

There was a recent discussion about this amongst ex-players, and all agreed that the best players in the world all have to have an ego to excel, and be the best at what they do. It's just that some show it outwardly more than others.

Make no mistake, Harry Kane has an ego to believe in himself. Not to mention the number of years he was in footballing limbo and constantly loaned out to other clubs, surplus to requirements. He could so easily be left plying his trade with Barnet if he'd given up, talent alone isn't enough. No one begrudges his perseverance to get to where he is today, that's for sure :cool:

Ronaldo may be a twat but he is actually the consummate professional, despite his playboy demeanour, and gives his last breath for club and country.

Neymar's still a cheating bellend though :D
The big egos of messi, ronaldo, neymar etc can't deal at country level with having to play with players who are not top class, Salah may not be prima donna but he must be pissed off that the other Egyptian players are not up to the standards of him and he has no chance of winning a world cup.

Belgium have a number of world class players who can work together Hazard, De Bruyne etc which is probably why they have progressed further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back